Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Stereotypical Student: Computers IV

This intentionally corny series of posts makes fun of the schools by providing an obviously fictional diary of a student who fits many stereotypes.

Entry #59

My parents have shared with me the technological incompetence of their parents. Apparently, their parents didn't know how to perform even the simplest tasks such as turning on and turning off their computers. They would instead rely on my parents to help them use their computers.

Apparently, this was even more than just basic tasks. My dad can perform all kinds of tasks in Excel. My mom frequently deals with HTML tags, whatever those are. This resulted in a reputation that we have all heard. Children are better with computers than their parents.

All of this was even before the development of computer classes. Now that computer classes are widely taught to children... I wouldn't say that the reputation has strengthened, but there's no question that we have a bigger advantage over our parents. We know that simply by the fact that we have been trained more explicitly on how to use computers. My parents didn't have that advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment