Monday, July 24, 2017

Misconception #76: Unions represent teachers

Over the years, I have been writing about misconceptions regarding the schooling process. The purpose of these posts is to explain why I disagree with various comments that I have heard people make about schooling. These are meant as personal thoughts rather than conclusive proof, and I will admit that I'm not always the best at explaining my thoughts. Regardless, I have decided that I should be willing to share these posts when I encounter someone online who makes an argument that I have already discussed.


Do me a favor. Visit the NEA's website some time. I'll help you. Their website can be found at http://www.nea.org


Read the articles on their site. Look for whether they prefer to share opinions or facts. Look at their openness to discussion, or lack thereof. Ask yourself, "Is this website listening to the people they are supposed to represent?"

It might seem odd for someone critical of the teaching profession to ask you to visit their union's website, but it should be obvious why. The union is not truly representing their teachers. Instead, they are asking teachers to representing them. Their website proves it.

The other big union is the AFT. They do the exact same things. Just check out their website at https://www.aft.org

Both of these unions are clearly trying to manipulate their members. They are closed to free thought and are clearly telling their members what to think. To make matters worse, it's working. Instead of the unions listening to the teachers, they demand that teachers fall in line with the beliefs and opinions of their leaders. It gets even worse than that. These anti-thought organizations oversee a profession that claims to be responsible for your children's mental development. How scary is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment