Thursday, July 27, 2017

I did learn in school

While I frequently complain about how the schools got in the way of my education, I should probably make a confession. I actually did learn in school. The real issue here is that my teachers didn't approve of what I learned.


Most of my in-school learning related to education. I learned about the mistakes my teachers were making and the variability of educational needs that a rigid schooling environment could never meet. I learned about how little teachers truly understood about education.

My teachers would have been a lot happier if I had learned nothing. If I would have stuck to my schoolwork instead of learning in class, maybe they wouldn't have shown so much hostility. Heck, enough with the maybes. There is no question that my teachers would have treated me better if I would have abandoned all educational ambitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment