Monday, June 5, 2017

Misconception #74: Teachers don't care about money

Over the years, I have been writing about misconceptions regarding the schooling process. The purpose of these posts is to explain why I disagree with various comments that I have heard people make about schooling. These are meant as personal thoughts rather than conclusive proof, and I will admit that I'm not always the best at explaining my thoughts. Regardless, I have decided that I should be willing to share these posts when I encounter someone online who makes an argument that I have already discussed.


While I do not believe that money is a primary concern of the teaching profession, it is clearly something that teachers care about.

The weird thing about how teachers insist that money isn't important to them is the timing of these arguments. Almost every time they bring this up, they are asking for money. They seem to think that if more money has nothing to do with money, their requests seem more honorable.

Teachers are human. They care about money just like the rest of us. Lying about it doesn't change that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment