Sunday, April 9, 2017

Misconception #71: Teachers are better than you because they're teachers

Over the years, I have been writing about misconceptions regarding the schooling process. The purpose of these posts is to explain why I disagree with various comments that I have heard people make about schooling. These are meant as personal thoughts rather than conclusive proof, and I will admit that I'm not always the best at explaining my thoughts. Regardless, I have decided that I should be willing to share these posts when I encounter someone online who makes an argument that I have already discussed.


Teachers don't hesitate to state their professions, even when nobody asks. This is because they feel that teaching alone makes them better than others. Teachers think very highly of themselves and their professions, and egotism is a big factor in how they act.

As I have stated before, nobody takes education for granted more than the teaching profession. Teachers aren't interested in being great people. They care far more about being considered great by others.

The drawback to all of this is that teachers don't realize that their actions are, in reality, detrimental to society. They are not only preventing children from receiving a healthy education, but they are systematically destroying minds. If all we know about an individual is that he or she is a teacher, then the only thing we know is a serious negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment