Thursday, April 13, 2017

Stereotypical Student: Physical education I

This intentionally corny series of posts makes fun of the schools by providing an obviously fictional diary of a student who fits many stereotypes.

Entry #6

After all the time that I have now spent in classrooms, another component of education was just revealed to me. Physical activity during our school years is important. That's why my school offers physical education.

Think about it. What better way is there to encourage a child to live a physically active lifestyle than to treat such a lifestyle in a similar manner to how we treat reading, writing, and math? All of these things mesh so well together. If the schools are set up for mental development, as they have repeatedly told me, why would we not want to rely on them for the nearly identical physical development?

No comments:

Post a Comment