Sunday, May 5, 2013

Schools are all alike

Supposedly, you can’t learn much from television. There are still some things that you can learn. For example, you can see how others portray something and establish that an issue is widespread. I have seen how a wide variety of people portray the schools, and I keep seeing the same destructive values. That’s why I am so confident that the problems that I personally encountered are commonplace.

I have seen numerous television shows and movies from numerous different writers with different backgrounds that show the schools in different ways. I have seen public schools, private schools, and colleges. If they didn’t tell us the type of schools, I wouldn’t have known which kinds they were portraying. I have seen schools set in the past, present, and future in recent shows as well as shows that finished their runs before I was born. The primary difference between all of them is the fashion. I have seen supposedly good teachers and obviously bad teachers. What’s the difference? One tells jokes and the other is usually monotone.

We have a tendency to put the schools under a microscope. Insignificant differences can look enormous. Take a step back sometime. Look at the actual methods you experienced and have observed through the media. There’s not much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment