Friday, May 17, 2013

The schools were right

I used to think that the schools did nothing to actually prepare students for the real world. I accused them of destroying thought and individuality. Businesses might prefer the piece of paper, but the person behind the paper will always lack the skills to help a business move forward. I will admit it. I was wrong. The schools were right.

Businesses are not pursuing ability. They are pursuing mindless drones, which is what the schools are producing. They want people who will do whatever they are told, not people who will question their superiors.

I have always had to get help to find a job. The process is always the same. I start showing a small part of what I really want out of life. As the process goes on without any progress, I slowly sacrifice myself until I can find work that’s close enough. I end up suppressing who I am and acting incompetent.

Personally, I don’t appreciate the value of mindlessness or conformity. The schools may be right, but they shouldn’t be. We need to stop pursuing our own inadequacies and try to aim for our potential. I would also like to see businesses stop targeting stagnation and start embracing the individual strengths of those they hire.

No comments:

Post a Comment