Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mental Genocide

A couple years ago, I referred to teachers as “Mental assassins.” I wasn’t entirely happy with that post. The reason is because assassins are focused on specific targets. Teachers are systematically destroying the minds of children en masse. I found a better term. What teachers are doing should be classified as mental genocide.

Some people may think I’m being a little harsh, but think about it for a moment. The schools are definitely causing devastating amounts of mental harm at an enormous scale. The process clearly qualifies as the mental equivalent of physical genocide. If I have to use a descriptive phrase to help people understand one of the biggest threats currently facing mankind (as long as it’s accurate), then I’m going to do just that.

Although it’s taken a while for me to explain this term, I have actually been using it for close to two years (roughly the time of my Mental assassins post). It might have even made it into a post or two (I was trying to resist until finally getting around to explaining the concept). Good news. I can now use the term more freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment