Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Educational Contradiction

Although I graduated high school and earned my mindless drone certification, I hate thinking of myself as just another product of the schools. This has caused a number of problems over the years. Not only have I been told that resumés and applications should reflect my schooling years, but I have even been told to embrace misuse of the word “education.”

Listing any schools attended for my educational history should be viewed as a lie. As I have stated before, I can be cowardly. Whenever I have applied for a job, I have always lied. Even when talking to people who want me to be honest with potential employers, they encourage dishonesty in this one area. They insist that I can’t get a job if I’m honest.

Let’s me move to a different topic now. How do I handle my online presence? I head in the opposite direction of most people. Instead of hiding behind an alias to spread lies, I use my real name (in addition to a reused user name – maritimeorca) and actually tell the truth. This can be seen on my Google+ profile (even though I still haven’t fully embraced social networking). Check out education. I refer to myself as self-educated. That’s a fact that I don’t share with people who demand the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment