Saturday, July 7, 2012

Schools are not the solution

This world has all sorts of problems. With a lot of these problems, we find a possible solution. Push the schools harder than ever before, and everything will get better.

We have been increasing our schooling push for a long time. If the schools are such a brilliant solution, then why are things getting worse? From what I have seen, the schools are definitely not the solution. They are a cause.

I’m not saying that every single problem ever to ever face society is a direct result of schooling. However, most problems that I see in the world can be connected to the process. For example, our increased mindlessness could very well be due to the schools insistence to think what our teachers want us to think when we should be thinking for ourselves.

I’m not going to go into detail about every little issue that I can tie to the schools. At least not now. I have to leave content for future blog posts. What I can say is that we need to stop insisting that the solution to all of our problems is to become more reliant on the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment