Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Stereotypical Student: Afterwards II

This intentionally corny series of posts makes fun of the schools by providing an obviously fictional diary of a student who fits many stereotypes.

Entry #62

It's not just the success of graduates that prove that our schools are valuable. It's also the failures of those who don't graduate. As a certified product of the schools, I have the opportunity to do a job poorly that dropouts lack. This is why I have framed my precious piece of paper.

Watching dropouts fail also makes me feel good. This is one of the reasons that my views match my teachers. We love seeing doors slammed shut on those who don't acquire pieces of paper. That helps establish that our substantial investment in credentialism is worth it.

Join me. Join my teachers. Let's root for failure. Failure of others can help make us feel so much better about ourselves. Failure can help make us feel so much better about living our lives as credentialists.

No comments:

Post a Comment