Friday, October 15, 2021

No on levies

When I was in our mental prison system, my teachers pitched their levies to non-voting students. This was a form of child exploitation intended to convince children to fight on their behalf. They gave us a one-sided argument. The culture of fear meant that the minority of students who dared to disagree remained silent. I was one of these students.

My school district was invested in harming children. More money wasn't going to fix this. I opposed the idea that property owners should be mandated to fund harm.

The money my district was demanding would have been spent for definitively anti-educational causes. As my teachers were exploiting us, I started developing my educational beliefs. In many ways, my views are the opposite of the schools. I believe in treating education as a fundamental human right. They actively hindered the educational process. My schools were a legitimate threat to educational rights.

All evidence that I have seen indicates that my schools were not alone. Levies hinder educational rights rather than help. The next time your schools push a levy, look past the pro-schooling propaganda. Support educational rights. Vote no on your local school levy.

No comments:

Post a Comment