Thursday, November 30, 2017

Stereotypical Student: How I Learn VI

This intentionally corny series of posts makes fun of the schools by providing an obviously fictional diary of a student who fits many stereotypes.


Entry #16

Every time I go up a grade, it's the same brilliant routine. I am introduced to a teacher who is an expert on how I learn. Even on the day my teacher meets me, he or she already knows more about my learning needs than I possibly could.

What's great about this level of expertise is that I am not expected to correct my teachers when they seem ignorant of my needs. In fact, it is discouraged. After all, when I have spent a lifetime of my own personal involvement in my own learning, I still won't possibly know more about how I learn than any of these teachers. Even a lifetime isn't as significant as the first second in a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment