Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I'm still a coward

As I have stated in the past, my decision to stay in school could be viewed as an act of selfishness and an act of cowardice on my part. A lot of time has passed since I made that mistake, and I have a confession to make. I am still a coward.


Sometimes, there is a way to correct a past mistake. If I resent being a high school graduate, what can be done? There is no way to ungraduate, but there appears to be a possibility to reject the status of a schooling-certified mindless drone. In a sense, I could renounce my diploma.

I had spent some time considering the possibility of publicly destroying my diploma and refusing to acknowledge my diploma when asked about my schooling history. If I did this, it would become very difficult to get a job since I would be treated as a dropout even though I wasn't. Of course, some applications actually ask what you earned. In that case, I would have to respond honestly. I did earn a diploma. I would have to write renounced after that.

I got scared again. I didn't want to subject myself to discrimination. Of course, there were other reasons not to follow through with this idea. Among them was a recent reevaluation of priorities. A proper renunciation would have taken a lot of time and effort to plan. While this could be used to make a statement, I'm more worried right now about documenting some of my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment