Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A better term for teachers

I hate it when our anti-educational schools refer to themselves as education. I refuse to accept that misuse of the term, and I have been referring to the process as schooling instead. What about teachers? They don't teach, so should we allow the misuse of the term?


The short answer is yes. With education, they redefined an important word with no real synonym. It felt like they were taking the word away from people using it properly without providing an alternative. With teacher, there is another word for someone who teaches, learner. I'm willing to provide some slack, but I was still wondering if I could come up with a better term.

I have used the term Mental Assassins, but that term has a few problems. Among them is that it sounds like the mental harm is targeted at specific individuals, which it clearly isn't. I have also referred to them as soldiers in the front lines of the war on education. That's accurate, but wordy.

Let's take a quick step back. What is the teaching profession really about? It's about causing mental harm so that children will be easier to control when they reach adulthood. Ultimately, it's about government control. Perhaps we could call them pro-government manipulators. That's kind of wordy, and it certainly doesn't reflect the intentions of teachers. After all, teachers take education for granted, and they don't realize that their actions are anti-educational and pro-control.

Teachers are mindlessly acting on behalf of those who created the process. Even most people who have influence over the process have forgotten the true purpose of the process, but the anti-educational core still clearly remains. People join the profession because they have been manipulated to think that what they are doing is good. I think I got it. Teachers should be referred to as pawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment