Sunday, September 21, 2014

Importance of Thought

As I have stated before, there is something far more important than literacy. That would be thought. Unlike literacy, the schools have a definitive impact on though. Unfortunately, that impact is clearly destructive.


We can talk all we want about STEM, or we could go even further back to the so-called three W's. Nothing the schools teach can compare to the importance of individuals being able to form their own beliefs, thoughts, and opinions. Without thought, progress is impossible.

I'm not going to go into depth as to how the schools harm thought. I'm sure some older post and some posts that I have not yet written will add to what I'm trying to say. I will still summarize. The schools train their students to turn to their teachers to tell them what they know. Unique ideas do not help students provide correct answers on tests, and development of thought can compete with the time and effort required for schoolwork.

Thought, sometimes referred to as independent thought to contrast with misconceptions (all true thought is independent), is clearly more important than math, history, and literacy. The schools have underestimated the value of thought, and are known to hinder development. While I keep criticizing them for overestimating subjects, one of the most important things to learn receives absolutely no support. There are reasons that I call this the most mindless era in history, and I think I know the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment