Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Misconception: Teachers are underpaid (Removed from master list)

While looking through my list of misconceptions regarding the schooling process, I discovered two entries that could be considered duplicates. I have decided to remove this misconception, which was also covered by Misconception #79. I have not deleted this post, but the numbering has been reclaimed. Misconception #31 will now be used for a different post.


Teachers are always complaining that they are underpaid. I disagree. The profession is clearly overpaid.

I’m not going to go through the usual arguments about how much they get including benefits for 180 days of work. Instead, think about the value that the teaching profession has on society. They have created a world full of mindless conformists. Progress has drastically slowed down as a result of their actions. Overall, they are harming society.

Teaching has a negative value, and teachers should feel lucky to get anything. In fact, they are incredibly lucky that we don’t view their profession as criminal. The reality is that teachers get paid quite well, but they should be paying for their actions. I think that qualifies as overpaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment