Over the years, I have been writing about misconceptions regarding the schooling process. The purpose of these posts is to explain why I disagree with various comments that I have heard people make about schooling. These are meant as personal thoughts rather than conclusive proof, and I will admit that I'm not always the best at explaining my thoughts. Regardless, I have decided that I should be willing to share these posts when I encounter someone online who makes an argument that I have already discussed.
Given a choice between forcing all Americans through social engineering factories that turn everyone into the same person and forcing Americans through social engineering factories that create 50 different people, I would side with the more diverse option. Unfortunately, that's nowhere near enough to fix our nation's educational crisis.
Government-controlled schooling is a disaster. This is a tool used by governments primarily for the benefit of the government. By controlling education, they can manipulate the views of future voters. Since a truly well-educated society can be a threat to the government's power, governments have incentive to use schools to hinder education. This is likely why communists, fascists, and national socialists have always embraced so-called public education much like we have.
Shifting control of these schools to the states doesn't fix any of this. It merely shifts which governmental level gets to use schools for nefarious purposes. Regardless of whether it's the federal government or state government hindering the educational process, education is still being suppressed.
The primary issue with government-controlled schooling isn't the level that's in control. It's more about allowing the government to control and restrict the process to begin with. Shifting control to the states doesn't fix that.
No comments:
Post a Comment