Thursday, July 18, 2024

Government-run or government-controlled

Years ago, I decided to stop referring to schools that are owned and operated by the government as public schools. I haven't been the most hostile to that terminology since these schools are publicly funded, but someone defending that terminology ultimately pushed me away. Schools, which are off limits to the general public, were compared to parks, which are open to the general public. I decided that schools were far too different from other facilities using that term, so I looked for an alternative.

It didn't take long for me to find a new term. Being run by the government is definitional to this model. I started referring to these facilities as government-run schools.

If you paid attention to my online presence, you might have noticed a shift. I have stopped referring to these schools as government-run schools. Instead, I have started referring to them as government-controlled schools. I think it's time to explain the change.

These schools were never meant to educate. Instead, they were designed to allow our corrupt government to control citizens from a young age. These schools grant the government the power to restrict education, minimizing threats to their power.

Government-run doesn't tap into the nefariousness of our schools. They are not just trying to run these facilities. They are controlling every aspect of the facilities including what citizens from a young age must think and believe. Even teachers are boasting that they are engaged in the despicable act of molding minds.

Much like being run by the government, government control is definitional to this model. Government-run comes as a little too soft for something so horrible. Focusing on control is still going easy on them, but it doesn't feel like I'm trying to spin things to make them look better. That would be like referring to forced schooling as compulsory education.

So-called public schools are government-owned, government-run, and government-controlled. Between all that terminology, I now prefer to refer to those institutions as government-controlled schools. I've changed before, so I could always change again, but this seems the best suited of all terminology that I have considered to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment