Monday, February 7, 2022

Stereotypical Student: Being Raised XII

This intentionally corny series of posts makes fun of the schools by providing an obviously fictional diary of a student who fits many stereotypes.

Entry #56

Like everyone else, I like to think that I'm skilled. My teachers have mentioned the difference between skilled and unskilled labor. It turns out that the difference between them is required credentials. Jobs that require a college degree are skilled. Jobs that don't qualify as unskilled.

I have also heard terms such as manual labor. Most jobs that I have heard associated with manual labor do not require college. That means that manual labor is unskilled. Obviously, that's not for me. Of course, I'm grateful for that revelation. In all honesty, I don't think I have the skillset for unskilled labor.

This also means that we need to look down on people who are doing these kinds of jobs. If we have a degree, we are automatically better than they are. If only we can get everyone a college degree. Then nobody will have to do some of these vital unskilled jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment