Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Stereotypical Student: Physical Education III

This intentionally corny series of posts makes fun of the schools by providing an obviously fictional diary of a student who fits many stereotypes.


Entry #40

I joined the school's sports team. I love the idea that where I learn math, language, and science skills determines where I play. Could you imagine if we were allowed choice over where we went to school and where we would play sports? It would be chaos. We would have schools trying to do their best at schooling and sports organizations trying to do their best at sports. Sorry, but having our sports experiences controlled by academics makes far more sense.

This approach also means that if my school doesn't like a particular sport, I can't go somewhere else for the opportunity. Choices are bad. I want my school to tell me what sports I'm allowed to play. If they didn't, I would be more likely to find a sport that I enjoy. That could become problematic when I stop playing sports as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment