Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Stereotypical Student: How I Learn X

This intentionally corny series of posts makes fun of the schools by providing an obviously fictional diary of a student who fits many stereotypes.


Entry #28

I had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn something cool when I got home from school today. What was it? That's irrelevant because I didn't pursue it. The truth is that I had too much homework. We all know that schoolwork is more valuable than learning in this world of ours. At least we would if I understood the difference between doing schoolwork and learning.

Let me correct my previous poor wording. I had a tremendous opportunity to do something that some people would consider to be learning. I couldn't exactly sacrifice my homework, which is clearly the heart of all learning. My fear of losing out on what necessarily qualifies as learning kept me from an opportunity of a lifetime that I would have really enjoyed pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment