Wednesday, May 30, 2018

NEA vs AFT

I have bookmarked websites for the two major teachers unions, the NEA and AFT. This is primarily because I don't trust them and want to keep up with what they are trying to do.


Between the two, I would say that my bias tends to go more against the NEA. They controlled the anti-educational schools that I attended. I know from personal experience just how destructive they can be.

I have decided to try to push through my bias and figure out which union is actually worse. The two are more similar than different, pushing anti-educational values on definitively anti-thought websites. Both try to dictate what their members are supposed to believe, and neither is above child exploitation to make their points.

When I look at their differences, I have come to the conclusion that there is worse than the NEA. The AFT actively dictates opinions that have absolutely nothing to do with the schools. I have also seen them praise the pro-violence and oppressive antifa movement. They had an article supporting the highly controversial George Soros. I have yet to see the NEA go that far. On top of all of that, the NEA at least allows comments on their website. The AFT doesn't even allow that simple level of interaction.

I may hate the NEA, but the AFT seems to have found a way to outdo them. Their websites are both horrible, but the message from the AFT is even more controlling. Considering my history in the NEA's schools, it's shocking that another organization has found a way to be even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment