Thursday, September 28, 2017

Would I still graduate today?

Over the last hundred years, our schooling system has not made any significant changes. If you are willing to ease up on the significance of change, there are certainly changes to be found. A large majority of these changes were designed to strengthen what was already there. I have decided to look at these changes for the purpose of answering a question. Do I feel that I would graduate if I came through today's schools?


During my mindless years, I was actually a pretty good student. I noticed flaws in the schooling process as early as elementary school, but I didn't struggle until I started pursuing mental development in high school.

I can't imagine that pushing flawed ideas harder would have kept me from seeing them. More than likely, these changes would have helped me find the flaws faster. This likely would have moved up pretty much every aspect of my problems.

I have also seen signs that the schools have been trying to monopolize time. Although we are now seeing some pushing against homework, I believe the demands are higher now than when I was in school. Since homework started bringing my grades down before tests, this likely would have further accelerated my descent.

I suffered a severe case of burnout towards the end of my school years. I truly believe that I would have needed to drop out if I did not graduate on time. With how the schools have changed, there is a very good chance that I would not have acquired all of the credits required to graduate in my senior year.

Technically speaking, I can't go back and live through schooling with our recent minor tweaks. There is no way for me to know for certain if I would still be able to graduate. That doesn't mean I can't guess. From what I have seen, I highly doubt that I would still graduate with these changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment