Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Misconception #149: Schooling is vital to the future

Over the years, I have been writing about misconceptions regarding the schooling process. The purpose of these posts is to explain why I disagree with various comments that I have heard people make about schooling. These are meant as personal thoughts rather than conclusive proof, and I will admit that I'm not always the best at explaining my thoughts. Regardless, I have decided that I should be willing to share these posts when I encounter someone online who makes an argument that I have already discussed.


Investing in our schools is investing our future…. as long as that future never arrives. For decades, we have been hearing about the role schools play in shaping the future. Whenever the future arrives, teachers conveniently downplay their role in shaping the future. There's a simple reason for that. The most heavily schooled era in the history of humanity is a complete embarrassment.

We are living in what has to be the most mindless conformist era in history. Also, modern times could very well be classified as the second dark age. This is because we lack reliable information sources and we have become stagnant. We no longer have any new ideas. Pretty much the only thing created in the last couple of decades that nobody anticipated is wheeled hoverboards.

If teachers are responsible for creating a better future, why aren't teachers trying to take credit for the 2020's? Keep in mind that this is the most heavily schooled era in the history of humanity. Teachers in the government-controlled model are openly boasting that they mold the minds of 90% of the population. There's no question that teachers of the past have had an insane amount of influence over modern times. The problem is that increased schooling has led to worse times, not better.

When I was in school, teachers were systematically destroying the minds of American youth. This is why I started referring to the process as mental genocide. This has led to an era in which people no longer think. I don't think there's any question that schools have played an enormous role in changes to society. The problem is that their influence has been negative rather than positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment