Saturday, February 27, 2016

Schools and the Constitution

I have decided to start a new series of blog posts. This one will focus on the schools' relationships with the Constitution. I plan on exploring the impact the schools have on constitutional rights as well as whether or not forced schooling is even constitutional.

Before I go any further, I want to clarify something. I have repeatedly criticized the idea of a living Constitution. This does not mean that I do not feel that there is room for interpretation. What I oppose is creative interpretation that is used to circumvent the real intentions of the document.

For the sake of this series, I will try to look at what our Constitution currently says. I will skip the articles that are used to establish the structure and procedures of the government and get into the meat of the amendments.

No comments:

Post a Comment