Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A reason to drop out

A lot of people get bored in school. That’s certainly not a reason to drop out. Or is it? Personally, I feel that boredom is a good enough excuse to leave school.

The primary cause of boredom in school is mental inactivity. Children aren’t used to restricting thought and tend to struggle in this environment. Desire for mental activity should not be fought, and I have no problems with children using this desire to justify leaving a mentally harmful environment.

With what I went through in school, I would accept pretty much any excuse for dropping out. I view the process as mentally harmful, and it wouldn’t take much to persuade me that you would be better off elsewhere. Perhaps I should find a better excuse for those who want to drop out.

When I was in school, I frequently complained about schooling getting in the way of my education. Although I made up flimsy excuses to stay in school, pretty much all of them selfish, I should have dropped out. Why? In order to pursue an education. To me, that is the excuse that children should be using and teachers should be fearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment