Friday, December 9, 2011

Spanish IV

When I was in high school, I started Spanish from scratch. The class threw in a new quirk. Beyond learning the language, we were supposed to learn their culture. Part of our grades would be determined by a culture project. These projects came in many forms, and my teacher gave us a series of options.

I don’t remember my all of my teacher’s suggestions. What I do remember is that we could fix a meal. Pictures weren’t required but highly recommended. I remember this because that’s the option that I took. I was becoming less concerned with grades, particularly for a class that I had already taken. I handed in an brief explanation of the meal. I received no credit since I didn’t provide any pictures.

My teacher wasn’t just a liar. He was also a German teacher who was learning Spanish with the rest of the class. He rarely seemed to know what he was actually saying. I pretty much gave up on him, his class, and ever learning the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment