Sunday, January 9, 2011

Summary of my Schooling History

To help understand my educational beliefs, I feel that it would be best to help people understand where I am coming from. I intend to post several blog entries related to my history with the process.

Let me start by summarizing my experiences. I entered school with a desire to learn. From what I had been told, this made schooling appealing to me. I started questioning the educational value of the process in elementary school. In middle school, I started complaining that school was getting in the way of my education. The bulk of my educational beliefs were formed while I was trapped in high school. These educational beliefs pushed me into the Running Start program. This program allows students to attend a local college in order to earn high school and college credits at the same time. When I found out that college is identical to high school, I wound up in a monitored home-schooling program. Had I not graduated on time, I probably would have dropped out. To this day, I question my decision to finish school.

No comments:

Post a Comment